UK Postcodes List (1.8 million postcodes)
Royal Mail Postcodes for the UK (1.8 million Postcodes) This Royal Mail Postcodes file has been built using the very latest Royal Mail and Ordnance Survey files and contains every United Kingdom Postcode for England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Islands such as the Isle of Wight, Anglesey, the Isles of Scilly, the Hebrides, and the island groups of Orkney and Shetland etc. The Royal Mail Postcodes file is available as a Comma Separated Variable (CSV) text based file and updates are included in the licence fee.
Licence Options Postcodes Explained
Full Postcode The Full Postcode is the Postcode as most people would generally know and love it as written on envelopes for mailing purposes. (e.g. UB7 0EB). There are approximately 1.8 million Full Postcodes covering the UK. Formerly a Postcode could contain between 1 and over 300 addresses. This is now restricted to a maximum of 100 although the average number of addresses per Postcode is 15. Formerly a Postcode could cover addresses on up to 12 Thoroughfares. This is now restricted to 1 although some historic Postcodes may contain more.
Postcode Sector A Postcode Sector is everything bar the last two letters of the Postcode (e.g. UB7 0 from UB7 0EB). There are over 9,000 Postcode Sectors covering the UK - Sectors are used for more local and detailed mapping and analysis.
Postcode District A Postcode District is the first half of the Postcode (e.g. UB7 from UB7 0EB). There are approximately 2,800 Postcode Districts covering the UK - Districts are often used for sales territory and franchise area applications.
Postcode Area A Postcode Area is the first 1 or 2 letters of the Postcode (e.g. UB from UB7 0EB). There are 124 Postcode Areas covering the UK from AB to ZE. Postcode Areas are ideal for general national mapping and analysis.
Royal Mail Postcodes file - Product Specifics
- Delivery: Automatic Download from Purchase
- File Size: 4.11 MB (4,319,110 bytes) WinZip Compressed
- Volume: 1,756,181 records / rows/ postcodes
- Fields: (see specification for list)
- Format: Comma Separated Variable (CSV) Text File
- Compatibility: MS Access, MS Excel 2007 and any other software application with text import
- Coverage: UK
- Updates: Includes quarterly updates within licensed period.
- Licences: 12 months use before re-purchase or deletion required
- Restrictions: Terms & Conditions